- Uniquely Qualified - The court of appeals is not a trial court. There are no witnesses, juries, objections, or other things you see in movies. Appeals court justices are not trial judges, who manage trials, or prosecutors, who try to persuade juries. Justices on the court of appeals perform legal research, they write legal opinions, and they supervise staff attorneys who help them. Justice Boatright did exactly those things for many years even before he became an appeals court justice. He researched and wrote Attorney General Opinions, which are official written legal opinions authorized under the Texas Constitution. He also supervised attorneys who wrote Attorney General Opinions. Justice Boatright spent years answering difficult legal questions in official, published Texas legal opinions for legislators, district and county attorneys, and state officials. Along the way, he learned the craft of researching and writing legal opinions, something that requires practice and instruction to be done properly. Justice Boatright has also worked on things that lawyers typically do, like appellate, trial, pretrial, and administrative law matters. And he has learned from his colleagues on the court of appeals. But because of his years of experience researching and writing official Texas legal opinions, he did not need on-the-job training. Justice Boatright has been very good at his job on the court from day one.
- Trusted – Justice Boatright was appointed to the court of appeals by Governor Greg Abbott, who was a Texas Supreme Court Justice and the Texas Attorney General. Governor Abbott knows that Justice Boatright is a great conservative Texas appeals court justice who bases his rulings only on the meaning of the words in applicable law.
“Justice Jason Boatright is a true Texas judicial conservative who understands that the role of the judicial branch is to apply the law, not re-write it. He has continually upheld his responsibility to the Texas Constitution and as a lifelong Republican has fought for the family values and principles Texans hold dear. Justice Boatright is supremely qualified to continue serving as a justice on the court of appeals, and I fully endorse his re-election.”
- Governor Greg Abbott
- Judicial Conservative - Justice Boatright does not make up the law. He allows the legislative and executive branches to perform their constitutional roles. As a Texas judicial conservative, he does not try to replace the words of the law and constitution with his own personal preferences. Justice Boatright is steady and predictable. He just follows the law.
- Download Full Bio
- Family Man – Justice Boatright has the cutest baby and the most accomplished wife around. He loves raising his family in Dallas, but sometimes he and his dog do have to go hunting or climb mountains for a few days.
- Conservative Republican – Justice Boatright is a Christian and a conservative Republican. Every day, he works to preserve, protect, and defend the constitution and laws of Texas and the United States. He treats everyone in court equally, fairly, and respectfully.
- Real Texan – Justice Boatright's family has lived in Texas since long before it was part of the United States. He has published legal research on the original meaning and sources of many Texas laws, from Spanish times through today. Justice Boatright is proud of being a Texan, and he knows he is privileged to serve the people of North Texas as a justice on the court of appeals. Justice Boatright is a true Texas judicial conservative!
Join the Campaign
To contribute to the campaign via check:
Justice Jason Boatright Campaign
620 W. State Street
Garland, Texas 75040
• • •
Contact the Campaign
Please call 972-271-7788 or email us at